Sunday 1 March 2015

Is it just English men that don't dance?

I've started to research into one of my ideas from Module 1. I have not researched into each genre yet but so far reading discussions on other peoples blogs and a couple of websites, apparently it is just English men that do not dance. Many cultures really encourage dancing men and actually think that it is a very masculine thing to do for example: Greek festivals, Jewish weddings, African American, African, Aboriginal people and many more.
I then remembered going to my Father's cousins wedding in Italy as my Grandmother is Italian. My Italian side of the family thought it was completely ridiculous that my Father wouldn't dance with them or my Mum, back then I thought it was the amount of alcohol in their system that was making them dance but now actually thinking about it they would dance sober too. Just like Italian men kiss on the cheek twice to say hello or goodbye in public and they don't think twice about it. Maybe it is just us English?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Gemma - sounds like you are still shopping for ideas for you inquiry - keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete