Sunday 12 October 2014

Cheeky trip to the Shard

I spent the day in London today, after an early start to our Sunday morning we got to the big city at about 10am, we then walked along the embankment which was very busy full of tourists taking pictures and not having a clue where they are going. We eventually got to the Shard and I had a slight moment of panic when we got into the lift but after the doors open and you could see the whole of London it looked incredible! The River Thames and the rail line looked impressive winding through all the office blocks, housing and tourist attractions. I would suggest going to the Shard if you haven't been yet, as I really enjoyed it myself, doing something completely different is always a nice change to the normal day life but  I would make sure you go on a clear day as I was lucky we got there in the morning as in the afternoon it clouded up and was grey and miserable.
 
Later in the day we went for afternoon tea and filled ourselves up on finger sandwiches, scones, cakes, tea and champagne which was very yummy. I have to admit I felt like I should of been rolled home after eating so many calories! I need to work hard this week at dance to burn it all off!
 
 


1 comment: