Sunday 30 November 2014

LEE EVANS!!

My 21st birthday was last year and my wonderful family bought Lee Evans tickets so I have been waiting over a year to see Lee Evans live! I am a huge fan, and we have watch one of his DVD's every Christmas the last 3-4 years. I can even remember by first time watching Lee Evans in year 10 after school with my friend, I think he is incredible and obviously he lived up to my high expectations of seeing him live, I laughed (cackled like a witch) from start to finish. He is a true performer and there was not one dull second.
I thought maybe as the 02 in London is very large and only having one person on stage (with no dancers or musicians etc..) it would fill empty and hard to involve the whole audience but he did it so well, as soon as he stepped on stage he waved to everyone, and after the applause he said hello to the seats at the front, back and sides and he went from there.
I also found it really interesting how he spoke about his wife and family so openly to complete strangers but that is where he researches for all his tours. He is inspired from everyday things with his family or the public etc... and I think that is why he is so amazing, everyone can connect with him! This also brings me to not being sure what type of audience would watch Lee Evans live but after I got there I found out all ages and all types of people such as older couples, to families like me, and groups of friends slightly tipsy watching the performance too which was also a performance in itself watching them climb to their seats and falling asleep before it even started. Lee Evan wears suits when performing and is known for looking so hot and sweaty but always very smart which is important as this is his career and should always look professional.
The lights also helped a lot with the performance, they obviously focused to Lee Evans as he arrived on stage with colourful spot lights going crazy on stage and the whole of the arena before his entrance and they all collected together on stage at the back as he walked out to greet everyone. Also at the end he has gold sparkly paper sprinkle on everyone at the front as he sang a song to his wife at the end of the performance to finish which was also effective and gave a feeling of celebrating or partying as everyone left the arena to go home.
I'm very upset he is now retiring but also glad I can say I saw his last tour, and had the chance to see him perform live. He comes across such a caring loving man to his family and I hope he now has time to spend time with his family more now he is not touring or working.

No comments:

Post a Comment