Sunday 30 November 2014

Professional networks task 3a

I like to think me and my work collages have a good working relationship, we all communicate via our phones mostly but with texting, phone calls and whatsapp more recently, as where I live I pick up a strong French connection so it is easier for me to use my wi-fi on whatsapp. When it comes to transferring music or larger documents with different notes for dances etc... We use emails. Also having Facebook is extremely helpful, if our local dance school posts information online we normally see it on our home page (and is always good for remembering each other's birthdays too!) Even though we are all different ages varying from 22 up to 60 we all get on very well, and spend a lot of time going for dinners after shows or gatherings back at the boss's house especially over the summer. It is also interesting on how we all rely of technology to communicate, my boss's husband is a producer and works up in London during the week days so they obviously communicate via phones and emails too, they both have a lot of work over pantomime season and know many famous names too which is always exciting to hear the latest gossip!  
I was discussing how the internet has become such a big thing, and how our lives revolve around it now  with my parents earlier. My parents have their own business and they get all there new customer's through their website now which apparently was never the case when they first started. They found it difficult keeping up with the times and designing their own webpage, Facebook and twitter but it has opened many new doors for them and their company is much bigger now.
I also stay in touch with my ballet teacher and she is an incredible women, she is now in her 70's and is still running her own dance school. We always send birthday cards and Christmas cards to each other and she was their to watch my first performance at college which meant a lot to me. She recently rang me to tell me about a new job in Hong Kong which I might want to look into and to tell me how the new RAD ballet syllabus is beautiful.
I went to a performing arts college in Hertfordshire and made so many life long friends and we always try our best to stay in touch as we live all over England and even different countries. We meet in London on occasions or we are all having Christmas dinner together this year too which I am looking forward to as well. One of my good friends found me a job being a dancer in a hotel out in Egypt but I had already said yes to my teaching job which I enjoy so much. We all communicate via texting, phone calls, whatsapp, Facebook, instagram and snapchat.
I have a very good friend who I have known since secondary school and we both went to different dance schools when we were younger and she is also now a dance teacher. She helped me a lot when I was looking for a teaching job and actually got me a job at the school she was teaching at too unfortunately she left but now has a very exciting life in Abu Dhabi teaching ballet to children out there. I was extremely sad when she told me she was leaving as I use to see her every day of the week, but which technology its not too hard having her away, we whatsapp, snapchat and Skype. Skype is incredible it is as if you are with the person face to face, we can spend hours catching up some evenings. 
She found it hard to come to terms with the world out there as it is very different to ours, she was use to wearing shorts, strappy t shirt, skirts, and short dresses in the day but there are certain rules in countries such as Abu Dhabi where she had to be careful, and now has to cover her shoulders and make sure she wears clothes that cover her body which is hard bearing in mind it is a very hot country. She had to adapt to Abu Dhabi way of life such as no dancing in public (only in night clubs and in your own home,) no drinking and driving, and you can't show affection in public unless married and you can only hold hands if you're married nothing more. I know she had her friend come visit her who was a boy and there was a slight problem with her land lord excepting they were sharing an apartment together and not married even though he was sleeping on the sofa and she was in the bedroom. You can also be fined a lot of money is you are caught with a dirty car, and she now washes her car once a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment